Wednesday 6 November 2013

"My Dinosaur Life"

I chose to use this article because of the big, colourful text in the centre, potentially dominating the page. Due to the size of the text, it instantly caught my eye. this will also work in the same sense as the customer purchasing the magazine. The man on the page, to the right, is former lead singer of Blink 182, Mark Hoppus - which, initially, is the reason why I chose the magazine, as i'm a big fan of their music. Mark's posture and facial expression sums him up - the band are a humourous group of young men, always playing jokes on eachother and including hysterical moments within their music videos. In my opinion, the big words; reading "My Dinosaur Life" in comparrison to the size in which mark is displayed on the page and his words; "I love being recognized in the street!" could be a metaphorical term for saying that he's, obviously, know in the street. But, also that he loves how big the band is. Because of Blink's 'childish' antics, the layout and style of the page is, somewhat, immature - the 'scribble-styled' font and the toy dinosaur make the page look so simple, it's nice to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment