Tuesday 22 April 2014

Question 2

Question 2 

"How does the media product represent a particular social group?"


As explained in previous questions, I interpreted a lot of ideas from Q Magazine into my media product; including genre's and similar models used for the magazine.

This is the original image, used on my front cover. I didnt feel the need to include props in my images, throughout my magazine. I felt the images were more effective without them, allowing complete focus on the model, themselves.

Due to my high interest in Q, my audience is relatively similar to their's: young men, pro-dominantly rock lovers, but with a hint of indie - to keep up to date. I used a number of photos, but not a huge clutter - I prefer the use of one big photo that really catches the eye of the reader.
I like to use a mix of gender in my magazine, making it appealing to male and female audiences. I found that the use of females in my magazine allowed my female class mates to enjoy reading it more than when it was pro-dominantly male. But, as you can see, I decided to keep the age of the models the same.

I chose to approach my target audience by using relative information that may interest them. For example, up to date slang words or phrases that only my generation may understand. This makes the audience feel fit for the magazine.

This is my target audience mood board - showing the type of people expected to read my magazine through a series of pictures.


As you can see, I have used both male and female in my magazine to keep both genders interested in my product. Also my target audience tend to be rock lovers, which I found from my audience research. This also relates to my choice of bands featured within the magazine, such as Blink 182, A Day To Remember etc. and my made-up band 'False Society.'

My mood board also shows what the type of people wear, which i interpreted carefully into my pictures; alot of denim wear and black clothing was used to suit the genre.  

No comments:

Post a Comment